“I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn” – Maya Angelou [Poet, and Civil Rights Activist]
With the lockdown, social distancing measures and the winter break, we are all spending a bit more time on our phones and many of us might be finding ourselves drawn to social media. The FLOT project wanted to use this opportunity to share with you a few resources to help keep you motivated and empowered, a reminder that hope exists and there is light at the end of a dark tunnel.
Why not check out these Instagram Accounts?
- @feminist.herstory – shares regular content of women who have shaped our everyday life
- @feminist – possibly the most famous Instagram account of the selection, promoting equality, sorority, empowerment, and of course, feminism
- @march – shares empowering posts
- @feminist_talks – daily feminist content
- @soyouwanttotalkabout – dissecting progressive politics and social issues in graphic slideshow form
- @justwomenssports – shares daily successful women in sport and interviews that will inspire you!
- @i_weigh – based on advocacy and inclusivity
Or have a listen to the following Podcasts?
- I weigh with Jameela Jamil: from the Instagram account presented before, she receives activists, influencers and leaders to discuss topics such as the fight for body neutrality and inclusiveness and she is an advocate for mental health. It has been ranked in the top 10 best podcast of 2020 by Apple.
- Pretty Big Deal: This podcast is a confidence booster. Ashley Graham is a model and fierce advocate for body positivity and empowerment of women of all shapes and sizes.
- Girls Gone Boss: This podcast will empower you and motivate you to achieve your dreams!
- Women Leaders Podcast: In every episode Patti Phillips, CEO of Women Leaders in College Sports will talk with strong, resilient, inspired, and passionate women whose career paths you will find inspirational and empowering.
Finally, why not have a look at the following YouTube Channel:
- MAKERS: this channel aims to accelerate the women’s movement through stories of real-life experiences
On this article: Successful Women Empowerment Campaigns, we shared with you campaigns that could also inspire and empower you!